As a heavy equipment operator at Ranger Pipelines, you will be responsible for operating heavy equipment used in construction, maintenance and repair activities. This may include tasks such as digging ditches, trenches, hoisting materials, and using equipment such as a backhoe, excavator, front-end loader, crane, and more. You will also perform routine inspections of equipment and report defects or repairs to the supervisor
- Operating heavy equipment of various sizes and weights for loading, hauling, and unloading of equipment, materials, and supplies.
- Operating equipment such as backhoe, road grader, front-end loader, hydraulic excavator, skid steer loader, bulldozer, roller, compactor, and crane.
- Assisting in digging ditches, trenches, hoisting materials, and tools with heavy equipment such as backhoe, excavator, front-end loader, or crane.
- Performing routine inspection of equipment and reporting any defects or repairs needed to the supervisor.
- Adhering to safety and security standards and specifications in performing all duties.
- Handling and Moving Objects: using hands and arms to handle, position and manipulate materials and objects.
- Operating Equipment: using various heavy equipment, such as backhoes, excavators, front-end loaders, and cranes, for digging ditches and trenches, hoisting materials, and performing related work.
- Inspecting Equipment: performing routine inspections of equipment and reporting defects or repairs that need to be made to the supervisor.
- Safety: performing all duties in accordance with appropriate safety and security standards and specifications.
- Monitoring: Monitoring Progress, Materials, or Surroundings: monitoring and assessing information from materials, events, or the environment to detect and address problems.
- Maintaining Equipment: adjusting, testing and maintaining mechanical equipment, determining when equipment and tools need replacement or repair
Essential Job Qualifications
In order to successfully perform the duties of this job, an individual must be able to complete each essential task to satisfaction. The listed requirements are representative of the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities. Accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The job duties require an employee to work in outdoor environments and face exposure to varying weather conditions. The noise level in the workplace is moderate. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ranger Pipelines follows equal opportunity policies, which means they do not discriminate based on factors such as pregnancy, childbirth, race, religious creed, color, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, union affiliation, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law, ordinance or regulation. Applicants are considered based on skills, experience, and qualifications